LCCAA provides kynectors in the 10 county Lake Cumberland Region including: Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Green, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Taylor and Wayne County. The overall goal of the kynect Program is to provide assistance about insurance affordability programs and coverage options so that kynectors can educate and assist Kentuckians with making informed decisions when selecting a health plan and enrolling in plans.
Our kynectors assist individuals with the application and enrollment process including re-enrollments, Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid or Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP). kynectors also submit applications for SNAP and CCAP using kynect Benefits on behalf of Kentuckians and help to facilitate the collection and upload of needed documents.
Services of the Kynector Program include:
- Enrollment – assist individuals, families, and small businesses with enrollment in qualified health plans and insurance affordability programs.
- Outreach – inform the public about Exchange and health insurance options and insurance affordability programs.
- Education – provide information to individuals and small businesses regarding health insurance, Insurance affordability programs, and QHP selection.
- Application Assistance – Submit applications for other public assistance programs on behalf of Kentuckians.
Kynector duties include:
- a) conducting public education activities to raise awareness of the availability of Qualified Health Plans (QHPs);
- b) distributing fair and impartial information concerning QHPs;
- c) facilitating enrollment in QHPs;
- d) providing referrals to any applicable offices in the event of complaints and appeals;
- e) providing information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate;
- f) assist consumers with submitting Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Child Care Assistance program (CCAP) applications to the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS).
kynectors are set up in each county monthly to better serve the community.
To find a kynector event, click the link below.
Monthly Events Calendar - KHBE (ky.gov)
To be directed to a Kynector contact: 270-343-4600
Early Head Start
Migrant Head Start
Dunbar Adult Day Health Services
Community Collaboration For Children
Community Services Block Grant
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Emergency Food and Shelter
Community Needs Assessment Survey
Adult Day Care Client Application